Tuesday 9 July 2013

The community steps up


Last week a friend of mine, that's not only new to my life but new to Thora Valley, fell very very ill.
Justine is a loving and gentle mother of 3 and she is here alone. I received an early phone call from one of her neighbours telling me, she was brought by ambulance to hospital in the early hours of the morning.
Justine ended up staying 6 nights in Coffs Harbour hospital with septic pneumonia. 
Justine was aloud to go home but later told me that the doctor instructed her to be on bed rest for 2 weeks, We both looked at each other and laughed. 
Justine has 3 children, a 6 month old baby girl, 20 month old baby boy and a gorgeous little 6 yr old son. 
Justine is trying to surrender herself and just accept the help. This is so hard for so many of us, but in this community you don't have much hope being left to do anything alone, especially when your not well. 
I put a call out on my Instagram and Facebook accounts. I have been totally overwhelmed with offers of food and help for justine.
Even one of the Restaurants heard about the food drive and donated a meal. I was happy to deliver this delicious smelling delight, with others all the way to Thora. 
So if you have offered your support, I thank you so so very much. I appreciate all the meals and I know Justine will also. 

I craved for this caring community for so many years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment