Monday 10 June 2013

What a busy long weekend..

 
Its Friday morning and the house is filled with excitement, my little brother Brodie is coming to visit. Brodie was only 7 when he became an uncle to my son Braidyn. As you can imagine yes Brodie is the fun uncle. He came bearing gifts this visit, birthday presents for both the boys that were all in the theme of dirt bikes a passion that all my boys share.
Brodie is my youngest sibling and the one I'm closest too. We use to see a lot of each other before we moved to Bellingen last year. So we were all very excited to catch up. We are pretty  lucky because we still see him a fair bit. This is his second visit to Bello and he loves it here.
This time brodie bought along his new bike this meant they could all go riding together, which they were all stoked about. As you can see the visit was full of motorbike stuff, motorbike presents, motorbike rides and discussions. I did feel a little bummed but I know its what makes them all smile.
On Friday night I left the boys to them selves and headed out to the lodge with my friend Lauren to watch a friends band. I haven't been out as much lately, content on just staying  home in front of the fire but Lauren insisted and so did Ben. Sadly for me lauren is leaving for adventures OS this weekend so I want to spend as much time with her as I can.
I worked on Saturday and yes the boys went riding. I came home to lots of stories about the dirt bike adventures they had.
That night were all invited to Nicole's home warming dinner but Brodie wanted to just chill at home and eat cheese and dips with us. While he went to go buy supplies I dashed off to nicole's to say hello and explain we couldn't stay. I wish i could have done both.
We ate so much that night and it was lovely to just sit with my brother and talk.
The next day Clive rang and said that him and my mum were coming back to bello to pick brod up but before he left Clive insisted we all go out to breakfast together.
Im looking forward to Brod coming back in a month or so with his gorgeous girlfriend and he promised me we would spend some time together and i promised him id make him pumpkin soup that he missed out on. I didn't really mind that much that we didn't get to hang out, Brod and Ben get on so well and what more could I ask for really.





\

 I love this look of pure joy on Fintons face. He was so happy to see his dad and Uncle go off rising together.

Brodie made some really yummy herby roast sweet potato after our cheese plate and before pizza!




On Monday we headed off to Urunga for a walk and some ocean air. Sometimes even i need and like to get out of Bellingen. We use to live so close to the beach and it is the one thing I miss about the coast. It really is good for the soul and that's what Ben and I needed today.
We haven't spent much time out of Bellingen since we moved here last august, we are just loving being "in the Bellingen bubble" so much.
This was the first time we have visited the Urunga boardwalk and it was lovely. The scenery was amazing and i couldn't help but take photo after photo. I do love my new 50mm lense.
We had a really special time just walking around and finding crabs and other natural delights. Braidyn picked me a beautiful flower and tucked it into my shoe.
 
As we got to the end of the boardwalk we were amazed to see all the driftwood. I've never seen anything like it, Ben as he does started analysing how and why it was here and he figured that it must be from all the debree from the rivers cause by the floods. For what ever reason it was there is was a incredible sight.
















 

1 comment:

  1. love that look of joy on fin's face, pure delight. my dad was over from nz last week and took time off school. we went to urunga and it was so relaxing, the kidlets looked at the soldier crabs while we lazed in the sun...

    ReplyDelete