Monday 17 June 2013

Crazy day a yard sale and a farwell onesie party!

Wow what a weekend! Its Monday and I'm still recovering, mostly from my Beyonce esk dance moves.

More about that latter.


Our Dear friend Lauren is leaving us for some adventures, before she left she asked if she could borrow our house for a yard sale and some farewell drinks. Being the generous and amazing friend I am of course i agreed .

Lauren is not only omy friend but she is Bens, Braidyn and Finton's friend and I know they will really miss her as much as i will. The hard thing about living in a town such as Bellingen is that it is very transitional but when one friend leaves you wish them well for there journey ahead.

Brai with Laurens dog Sailor.




It was crazy day in town on Saturday and we were told to expect a busy day at the shop. Huge sales, a big market and tones of garage sales. My plan was to take this opportunity to dress up because well any excuse will do. I have always thoroughly enjoyed the art of dressing up in costume and so  I took this as another great excuse.

We woke up pretty early for the huge day ahead ben headed off to the shop and I was going to juggle helping Lauren and also spending as much time as I can with her plus helping Ben at the shop oh and looking after the offspring.


Michelle and Sam were also having a yard sale on our front lawn too and I must say it was the best looking yard sale I have ever seen.

After a few hours I headed to the shop in my glittery puffed sleeve 80's number and top hat! Yes my dream to wear a top hat all day was here and I was going to appreciate and love every moment of it.

On my walk to the shop I enjoyed peoples glances and thought it was magic when I heard little kiddies pointing me out to there parents. "Oh mum look at her pretty dress". I arrived to my adorable husband dressed in a colourful costume he had put together him self. The shop was buzzing with people and excitement and Ben told me latter he had so much fun.




After a few hours I headed back home to the dreamy garage sale that was happening on my lawn.
By 2 o'clock it had quietened down so we started to pack up.

And before I go on I must say to my friends this wasn't my party it was just at my house. So please don't think I didn't invite you. This farewell was just a few of Lauren's friends and yes some of mine because we share some friends.

By only 4 o'clock there was already 4 costume changes by Lauren and myself and 6 of us in my tiny lounge room making up a hilarious dance routine. Ben arrived to lets say lots of costumes and laughter. I was anticipating a fun night ahead.

I insisted everyone wear vintage jumpsuits and so I headed off the studio to get the 25kg bag of them .When i got back I emptied them on the lounge. These outrages and some times ugly onesies were shared by all, all night!

The growing group were spread between the fire outside, the kitchen and lounge room inside. 
When I press B e y o n c e into the ipod you know I have had one too many drinks. My alto ego comes out and I dance, I dance so much I struggle to walk with ease the next few days and my legs are covered in bruises.Even going to the toilet needs some deep breaths. Some of my friends still haven't seen "party Leisa" OR my alta ego so they were shocked and I must say entertained. I love to dance and make people laugh. I love nothing more then making people mostly friends laugh. 

I cant explain how much fun we all had. So many laughs were shared that night. This kinda party wasn't planned but just secretly I was on a mission for a very fun and entertaining night. One of the things I loved most was when people rocked up in there so nicely put together attire then were swiftly taken to the lounge room to pop into a onesie and so they did with a smile.

I have to thank everyone that came and dressed up and let lose. Love you all! nights like this lets you get to know your new friends so much more and I love that.

And Lauren enjoy yourself and see ya soon xx
























These are the last photos I can share for the consumption of the public. I promise my friends that I will have my own party again soon and YOU will all be invited but of course be expected to wear a onesie.

I do wish I had some photos of a hot 6ft gentlemen in a children's lyrca onesie, One hot mumma in only undies tights and a bra with a top hat, the clock wise dance floor jumpsuit change, a great dane in a love heart jacket walking around with ben in a matching onesie, a beautiful cafe owner interpretive  dancing to Salt & Pepper, One of my floor slides I heard so much about but still cant remember performing, a stunning friend in a lace and satin onesie accompanied by a pair green retro men's shorts and so much more but maybe its better this way? Maybe is better to have flashbacks of the night before and have a quiet laugh to yourself when those images come flooding back.

Ah one more thing a huge thank you to Sophia and Tash for cleaning my house and deleting most of the evidence of the party that was had the night before. You are amazing and I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it may not have been your party, but it certainly looked like fun! haha!
    I have questions for you! The pink crotchet daisy thingy, is it a blanket? Is it still for sale?! How big is it?!
    The little man ( your son i'm guessing) in the green pixie hoodie - divine! Is this a one off jacket or do you know where I can find one?
    And I might be in Melbourne, but can I come to your next party?! hehe
    Rhi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was fun, hmm well his my friends little child and i think its an oldie but Summaskye made my son a very adorable similar one. The crochet item wasnt mine and im not sure what it was sorry.
      Ill be sure to send an invite your way :)
      Leis x

      Delete